Seeing a little (or a lot) of scalp peeking through your hairline is a well-known sign of aging. If you’re younger and you notice things getting a little sparse on your arms, legs or other places, it can indicate your body is aging faster than you think.
2. You can’t lift the 30-pound bag of dog food into your cart
Muscle strength is directly correlated to how you age, since you actually lose muscle mass the older you get, making you progressively weaker.
3. Bruises take forever to heal
If your skin isn’t recovering well, something is definitely going awry in the internal aging systems.
4. You’ve got more wrinkles than your best friend
A telltale sign of aging is wrinkles and sagging skin, and the rate at which you get them can indicate you are aging faster than you should be for your age.
5. You make excuses to not to go out with your friends
A big sign a patient isn’t aging well is when they no longer enjoy doing the things they always loved to do.
6. You can’t open the jar anymore
Studies have shown that poor hand grip strength is linked to age-related decline. It indicatesa loss of both muscle and strength. Plus a weak grip may also be an indicator that your brainis aging faster.
7. Your favorite pants are tight in the waist but loose in the legs
Gaining fat around your midsection is a common sign your body is aging quickly.
8. You’re burning through giant bottles of lotion
Is your skin chronically dry and flaky? That could be a sign of premature aging.
9. You sleep like a baby—fitfully, with frequent wakings, and not through the night
Insomnia or problems getting a good night’s sleep can be a sign your body is aging quickly. Often this is due to high levels of cortisol, also known as the stress hormone. Too much cortisol not only ages you faster but can promote weight gain, lower your immune function, and can lead to many chronic diseases.
10. Your face looks sunken or gaunt
When you lose bone mass in your face, it gives you that characteristic “elderly” profile with sunken cheeks, thin lips, and prominent temples.